rest assured in Your great love

Friday, June 30, 2006

continued reflections..

hmms, i was halfway thru my account of my holiday in the states... grand canyon to be exact. wells, i'm really awed by You n Your faithfulness Lord. in the times when i was so so down.. when i felt like nothing could ever get better... when i was super sad n hurt...

i asked for a sign. a sign that would reafirm my beliefs... that You, my Lord n my God, is still in full control of all the nitty gritty details of my life. that You were still present to comfort me, strengthen me n uplift me.

n You, O Lord... you sent a hailstorm to meet me at the grand canyon!
in the state of ARIZONA, mind you!!
where even a drop of rain is considered rare...
You sent heavy rain n hail!!!
how great is Your name O Lord.

my siblings n i started playing w the snow, throwing snowballs n even had a great yummy lunch of brocolli, rice n orange chicken (to think tt i dont even like chicken!).. a spectacular show of the grand canyon n you cleared the clouds n rain within an hour.. sending the sun shining down yet again.
for this one day in summer, one can actually view the grand canyon at low temperatures n enjoy it's view.
Yes Lord, i am gonna trust in You all the days of my life. For You alone are God... n You are indeed faithful.


the next place apart from las vegas n LA was SAN FRANCISCO!
love the weather there... cool n nice... freezing in the early morn.

fishermans' wharf... the cruise... napa valley... castro aka gay land/street.. twin peaks.. nice, comfy hotel.. 7 mile? drive.. then back to LA/anaheim.

the 2 days spent at disneyland (yuck.. was too kiddy with few fun, thrilling rides..) n the terrific universal studios! cool man.. that place! hollywood was ok only.

off we were to the airport to wait for hours just to get onboard our china airline flight to taipei.

first day i was off to meet sharon who took me to see echo in NTU ( national taiwan university) and even sat thru one of her biology classes in CHINESE! she's studying mathematics n hopes to become a professor in the states. later met michelle who's changed her name to vila. she's doing fashion design n had dinner w sharon n her.

later sharon n i walked to miramar to take the ferris wheel ride... a long long day it was.

good thing i slept almost all 13 hours on the plane!! yay! no jetlag for me! hee =)

next year we went on a tour around taipei... ok only. nothing spectacular... n later was pondering if i should go to vila's friend's farewell party. went in the end btu i have a feeling she asked me only cos she was hoping to meet my brother. oh well, such friends/people do exist
her friend came to her place to pick us up.. otherwise she wouldnt have even left the house. sigh.. the party was the least bit fun. left in under an hour n i got to drive her friend's car back to my lousy hotel. think i wouldnt really keep in contact w vila. her whole family is just as weird... not the least bit hospitable. just tt they're RICH. such there they can even afford an elevator in their house!!!

the next day i met sharon again n we went to taipei 101... tallest building in the world at this point of time. then tried the macs ice cream there... not as yummy as singapore's! so i feel tt singapore is still the best place on earth.

aft tt we went shopping n more shopping.. tried the mango ice which was super yummy but costs like 5 sing dollars!!! n some other taiwan snacks n bubble milk tea! too big a cup to finish without puking it all out.

the next day... back to singapore. FINALLY. made it thru the whole trip! still in on piece but with a daddy who was really unhappy w our behaviour n attitude... n me w a whole new perspective on my brother's n sister's real character.


overall... i just am so grateful to You Lord.. for taking care of me n loving me even when i feel so out of place.. lonely n unloved. n back to church n time spent w my church friends... it really brings a smile back to my face.

i know i didnt keep close to You by reading Your word or even praying enough during that whole 2 weeks... but i'm just happy i'm back on track! thank You Lord for Your forgiveness n love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home